Listed among the 2014 Campaign Asia-Pacific ‘40 Under 40’, Roopak Saluja drives The 120 Media Collective & Sooperfly as Founder & CEO. The 120 Media Collective is a communications and content group, working with some of Asia’s largest advertisers through its subsidiaries Jack in the Box Worldwide, Sniper and Bang Bang Films. Sooperfly is a new media company that is building content brands direct-to-audiences.
Roopak turned entrepreneur in 2006 with the launch of Bang Bang Films - India’s International Production Company, which was named India's second fastest growing company across all sectors (source: AllWorld Live) in 2010. The commercials production vertical evolved to become Sniper in April 2015.
In 2009, he launched Jack in the Box Worldwide, which has grown to be one of South Asia’s most reputed and heavily awarded digital agencies. The agency handles digital and content marketing mandates for some of the country’s and the region’s largest and most prominent advertisers such as Unilever, PepsiCo, Reckitt Benckiser, Amazon, Novartis, Aditya Birla Group and the Taj Group among others.
In 2015, he founded Sooperfly, a company that agglomerates audiences via a mix of content and context through its multi-platform brands, such as investonomix, Sooperstage, Mission Everest and The Tara Sharma Show.
Account management at Young & Rubicam Budapest marked the beginning of Roopak’s advertising career. He trained there on the Kraft Foods and Danone accounts. In his next assignment at Ogilvy & Mather Paris, he ran the Motorola account for Europe, Middle East & Africa, and managed the development of the Hellomoto campaign. His extensive experience has led to various speaker and jury positions as well as awards and recognitions globally.
An MBA from INSEAD (where he is also a guest lecturer now), Roopak’s education, work and life have allowed him to live in ten countries on six continents and he speaks nine languages. He has also been a trance DJ, performing around the globe and co-founding his own trance label, Procyon Records (Budapest & Paris). His eclectic interests span Japanese cuisine, single malts, Tintin and trivia. He lives in Mumbai with his wife and two sons.
Additional Information about Roopak Saluja
Appendix. 1. Corporate Board Seats
- Toko Labs, Member of the Board of Directors
Appendix. 2. Speaker Positions
- StreamMarket (Santa Monica, California, USA) 2015, 2016
- PromaxBDA (Mumbai, India) 2013, 2016
- ADFEST (Pattaya, Thailand) 2016
- Cristal Festival (Courchevel, France) 2015
- Future of Media and Entertainment (Los Angeles, USA) 2015
- ISB Leadership Summit, Indian School of Business (Hyderabad, India) 2015
- Spikes Asia Advertising Festival (Singapore) 2015
- CMS Asia (Mumbai, India) 2015
- INSEAD India Business Dialog (Mumbai, India) 2015
- Dubai Lynx (Dubai) 2013
- TiE Entrepreneurial Summit (India) 2012
- INSEAD Guest Lecturer (Singapore, Mumbai) 2009-2014
- Ciclope Advertising Festival (Buenos Aires) 2012
- Branded Entertainment Forum (New York, USA) 2011
Appendix. 3. Institutional Memberships
- Executive Committee, Advertising Producers Association of India (2013-16)
- Member of Advisory Board, Content Marketing Summit Asia (2013 onwards)
- Mentor, ISB’s DLabs, a design-thinking based startup accelerator at the Indian School of Business (2014 onwards)
- Member/Investor, Indian Angel Network, a network of angel investors that invests in early stage businesses that have the potential to create disproportionate value (2010 onwards)
- Member of Advisory Board, Indian Digital Media Awards (2015 onwards)
Appendix. 4. Jury Seats
- Global EFFIES (Singapore)
- Cristal Festival (Courchevel, France)
- London International Awards
- Spikes Asia (Singapore)
- Ciclope Advertising Festival (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- ADFEST (Thailand)
- A-List Awards (Los Angeles, USA)
- Dubai Lynx
- Indian Digital Media Awards
Appendix. 4. Awards
- Digital Market Asia’s Socialathon 2015 Independent Agency of the Year (Jack in the Box Worldwide)
- Campaign Asia-Pacific's “40 Under 40” List of leading professionals and entrepreneurs in Advertising, Media & Marketing (across APAC region)
- IMPACT Digital Power 100 in 2013, 2014 (India's 100 most influential leaders in the digital media industry)
- Campaign India's A-List of the Most Influential People in India's Advertising, Media & Marketing Industry 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- CNN Mumbai Hot List of 20 People to Watch in 2011
- #2 on AllWorld Network's Top 25 Fastest Growing Companies in India 2010 (Bang Bang Films)
- Top 3 Production Companies in India - Economic Times Brand Equity Agency Reckoner (Bang Bang Films)
- Star Youth Marketing Achiever 2010